Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:02:05 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@macguire.net>
Cc:        Courtney Thomas <ccthomas@flash.net>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   qmail (Was: Maintaining Access Control Lists )

[Moved from -questions]
Benjamin Krueger wrote:

>	Barring that, network daemons that run out of inetd can use tcp wrappers (the
>/etc/hosts.allow system). This has a flexible system for configuring access to
>various daemons from the network, however has the unfortunate achilles heel of being
>entirely dependant on inetd to pick up traffic for it and spawn a new instance of
>the daemon to run it. I've heard reports of tcpserver of qmail fame doing the same
>thing, and even with some speed gains, but I'm not a big fan of the author or his works.
>hosts_options(5) for more information.

Benjamin,

I was interested about what you said about qmail and its author. I've
recently started playing with qmail to investigate what mail server I
prefer, but I agree that there is perhaps something a little strange
about its author. I don't know what, perhaps its just that I find
qmail.org such a weird site.

What's your take on the situation?

Andrew.