Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:49:51 +0100
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   vmware doesn't close tap device on -CURRENT

I didn't use vmware for a few weeks so I don't exactly know since when it
is.

My problem is that I can only use vmware once. The vmnet1 device stays
open and so the second time I start vmware it can't open the device (makes
sense ofcourse). The question is why it doesn't close.

By ktracing vmware I do see that close() is called on the /dev/vmnet1
filedescriptor and the call succeeds. I'm planning to track this further
down to see where the close fails.

It doesnt seem to be a generic tap(4) problem as opening and closing from
the commandline works fine.

It would be nice if someone could ack this behaviour.

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos				RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/		New Projects Group/TTM