Date:      Mon, 22 Jul 2002 00:29:04 +1000
From:      "Danny Carroll" <dannycarroll@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Cc:        ipfw@freeBSD.org
Subject:   ACK Packet traffic shaping - OR - The ADSL firewall issue....

Firstly, apologies for the cross post, I am not sure if this is a ipfw
related topic.

Secondly, pls respond directly, I am not subscribed with this address.

OK.  The problem as I understand it, is that when you are uploading lots on
the ADSL connection, it will limit the DL speed and vice versa.  This is
because there is little room left in the available bandwith for the ACK
packets of a data xfer.

The question is, can the traffic be shaped in such a way as to give priority
to these types of packets?

Or, limit the UP/Down speed of an individual IP address so that at least
they are the only ones affected?

-D