Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 17:03:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Bart van Leeuwen <bart@bartsplace.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creatix PNP on SMP hardware info

Hello all,

After a small 'fight' with my SMP box and a Creatix S0 PNP card on
FreeBSD 4.5 and 4.6, I got this configuration to work, and thought some
others might be interested in my experiences..

Initially, the card worked with an uni processor kernel on this hardware,
but booting an SMP kernel resulted in a non working config (isdn driver
complaining about invalid state etc)

The 'trick' to solve it turned out to e a combination of things:
First of all, tell the BIOS that I am using a PNP aware OS.
2nd, force all PCI cards to high (> 9) IRQs (not doing so caused all kinds
of IRQ problems with the IDE controller)
3rd, tell the bios that DMA channel 1,3 and 5, and the IRQ used by the
Creatix card are in use by ISA cards.

All of the sudden, the thing started working.
I do not have the i4b SMP workaround enabled (does this do anything at all
still?)

Bart van Leeuwen