From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
To:        java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   native java/jdk13 port -- it is possible to make NO-X11 variation and JRE variation?

Hello, java! How are you?

  It will be great to have 'WITHOUT_X11' knob in java/jdk13 port.
  Many people use this port only for Java Server Pages and other
  server-related tasks, such XML processing and other. For example, I
  never will use AppletViewer or any AWT/Swing-based Java program.

  Also, it will be great to have know for package only JRE part of
  JDK, for installing on many server at one site, for example. Is it
  possible to make such variation? I know about Sun License, but Sun
  distributes JRE without any problems by itself. If we forbid do
  DISTRIBUTE JRE package, it will be useful for transfer JRE from one
  computer to another.

               Lev Serebryakov
| FIDONet: 2:5030/661.0                         |
| E-Mail:  lev@serebryakov.spb.ru               |
| Page:    http://lev.serebryakov.spb.ru/       |
| ICQ UIN: 3670018                              |
| Phone:   You know, if you have world nodelist |