Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 2002 00:01:07 -0700
From:      Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, ipmulticast@cloud.lyris.net
Subject:   Updated RTSP/ RTP streaming patch for "mplayer"

I have recently updated my patch for the Open Source "mplayer" media player
(for Linux or FreeBSD), that allows it to receive and play RTP audio/video
streams.

This newest version now includes RTSP client support (using a "rtsp://"
URL), as well as being able to read SDP files.  I have also made several
improvements to the mplayer-specific RTP buffering code, so that incoming
RTP packets are less likely to be dropped.

The maintainers of the "mplayer" code have now added my patch to their
official source distribution, so you will no longer need to patch the code
yourself.  (You will need to use their "Latest CVS snapshot".)

Instructions for configuring and running this new version of "mplayer" can
be found at: <http://www.live.com/mplayer/>;

         Ross Finlayson
         LIVE.COM
         <http://www.live.com/>;