Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 01:37:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   fxtv and PixelView remote control problem

Hi.

I have a brooktree based pixelview tv tuner card.  The
notes for the fxtv port say that it supports a
pixelview remote.  I am unable to get this working.
Despite the remote not working fxtv itself is working
fine.  I was wondering if I can to create a device of
some sort for the remote?

The card I have is a pixelview/prolink model.  he
actual model number is PV-BT878P+ (Rev.9D).

I'm using the command line /usr/X11R6/bin/fxtv
-remoteType PixelView

I've even appended:
-debug remote to the command to see if I'm getting
anything from the remote control.  I'm getting
nothing.
Is there anything further I can provide that will give
more information about why this isn't working?

The supplied remote control works fine with the
bundled windows-based TV tuner software.

Is it possible to use these sorts of remotes for other
system functions?

Thanks,
PJ

http://digital.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Digital How To