Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 2003 06:56:41 -0500
From:      "sektie" <sektie@codersluts.net>
To:        ".VWV." <victorvittorivonwiktow@interfree.it>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernels' weight

> We know Linux is the son of the microkernel Minix. Linux kernel is
> simple and light, but its compilation is complicate, owing to the
> need of a lot of modules, and to the difference between several
> distributions. It is much easier to compile a FreeBSD kernel, even
> if it needs some megabyte more. If we can compress the kernel
> following the instruction on the Dossier books, who cares of its
> original weight?

Linux kernel simple and light? Are you a fan of the crackpipe? :P

The linux kernel is still decompressed when it gets loaded into memory.
There isn't really that much of a difference in size. What are you trying to
do? Save disk space? Dude, it's only a few MB.

Randi
sektie@codersluts.net
http://perlpimp.codersluts.net/