Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:26:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org, <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>, <advocacy@openbsd.org>, <BSD-Users@seabug.org>
Subject:   Looking for presenters for LinuxFest Northwest in Bellingham, Washington

The last two years at LinuxFest Northwest, I ran a booth for BSD advocacy
and gave out many CDs donated from Wasabi Systems and FreeBSD Mall. This
last year, a few other BSD advocates helped run the BSD advocacy booth and
we raised a couple hundred dollars that we donated to two *BSD projects.

I also gave a lecture introducing BSD at the conference two years ago to
around 15 attendees. Then last year, I gave a BSD lecture to a full
classroom of over 65 attendees.

Is anyone interested in giving a lecture about BSD?

Can someone help with organizing and running a booth about BSD?

Can you donate or burn CDs? Print handouts? Make US letter size
handouts that others can print? Print posters?

The call for presenters and exhibitors email is at
http://www.peakserv.com/pipermail/fest-list/2003-December/000971.html

The event is April 17, 2004 in Bellingham, Washington, in between Seattle
and Vancouver, BC. Last years attendance was estimated to be over 1100
people.

Here are some old links about past events:
 http://www.linuxandmain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=337
 http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/5797.html
 http://newsvac.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/04/12/1742220

Please let me know if you are interested in helping.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/

p.s. Notice that this email is carbon-copied to the Seattle-area BSD
group. If you are in the area, please join the list and attend the
meetings. http://www.seabug.org/