Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:41:22 -0400
From:      SKU <sku-dated-1064766655.pjbnnaeg@palomine.net>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Buildworld times on a AMD64 processor

Greetings!

Can someone tell me how much quicker FreeBSD runs on the Amd64 platform for
compiling worlds and or make release?  Currently I can build release on a
Pentium 4 3.02 ghz in about 40 minutes (without ports) and would like to
get this down to around 10-15 minutes (or even 20).

Second question: If you had to buy a couple of FreeBSD builder boxes for
building releases and testing only, which platform would you go with: Amd64
or the Opteron?

Third question: Can the x86 codebase be cross-compiled while running
under 64 bits?  Ultimately I am making x86 releases.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can offer!

-SKU