Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:53:37 +0200
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        Matthew Swinbourne <m.swinbourne@library.uq.edu.au>
Cc:        "'freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cluster Software for HA/LB FreeBSD IPFilter Firewalls

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the complement!

As I have been saying for some time now :-( I will be having a new
version coming out.  (promises... Promises... :-)  It has some additional
flexibility in terms of scheduling.  There is a load balancer and a
directory shadowing utility (which I worked on in a paradise on the
south of France -- Thanks Mike!)  I hope 1.9.03 is reasonable as a
release date--I should have support for FreeBSD 4.7 4.8 and 5.0 5.1
In the moment there are no plans for NetBSD.  If there is interest
somebody speak up--but since this is a FreeBSD list there probably
isn't any.

The short answer is two create two resources.  As I recall correctly that
as the schedule starts to find nodes to assign the resources to it will
look at already running resources and calculate their mass on the machine
and choose the machine with the least mass (or usage--sorry in a physics
rut!) to assign the 2nd resource.  VERY IMPORTANT-- you must assign
a weight to the resource--otherwise all things will look equal and both
resources will start on the same node.

Hope this helps.

Andy