Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 2003 20:46:37 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Marcin =?iso-8859-1?Q?CIE=C2LAK?= <saper@sgh.waw.pl>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>, <saper@system.pl>, phk@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fix for rtc, vmware modules and post-500104 -current

At 7:37 PM +0100 3/5/03, Marcin CIE=C2LAK wrote:
>See the patches enclosed to emulators/rtc
>                         and emulators/vmware2 ports.
>
>Tested only for -current with:
>
>#define __FreeBSD_version 500104

This does get it so the vmware module will load correctly at
system startup, and I think the result is basically working.
There is still a complaint at system-startup about

   driver "vmmon" used unreserved major device number 200

but I don't know what the proper fix for that is.  Unfortunately
my X11-configuration is currently screwed up, so I can't really
tell if vmware2 is working right.  I can tell that these updates
do get it working better.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =3D   gad@gilead.netel.rpi.edu