Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2003 17:45:41 +0200
From:      Kay Lehmann <kay_lehmann@web.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Matlab 6.5 Student Version + linuxemulation

Hello,

I need some help since I am trying to run Matlab Release 13 Student Version
under my FreeBSD. Installation was no problem but after this I can't start
it. Everything I get is a:

Please insert the Documentation CD and restart MATLAB. (on comand line)

and

Apr  6 16:25:16 bippes /kernel: linux: 'ioctl' fd=4, cmd=0x1 ('',1) not
implemented
Apr  6 16:25:16 bippes /kernel: linux: 'ioctl' fd=4, cmd=0x1 ('',1) not
implemented
Apr  6 16:25:16 bippes /kernel: linux: 'ioctl' fd=4, cmd=0x540e ('T',14) not
implemented

in /var/log/messages.

I saw the postings about jave problems etc. but it seems that they all were
able to start Matlab but can't stop it. But my problem is, that I can't even
start it. I think one major difference is, that using the Students Version
needs the Documentaion CD in the drive.

Every help or tips would be great. For more informations please mail me.

Thanks,
Kay