Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:37:57 -0400
From:      Travis Troyer <troyertm@email.uc.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   External modem suddenly not working (USR V.Everything)

I have a US Robotics V.Everything external modem connected to
my system running FreeBSD 5.1 stable.  I got my ppp.conf and
ppp.linkup files setup properly, and was able to dial-up to
my provider many times.  I was connected when I accidentally
knocked the power supply out of the wall socket, and lost my
connection.  I plugged it back in, turned it off and back on,
and tried to connect, without success.  So, I rebooted, with
no success.  I tried shutting down both the modem and the
system and cold-booting; still no go.  The modem connects
fine under Windows (dual-boot), but refuses to even dial in
FreeBSD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Travis Troyer