Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 2003 09:18:18 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp-master.us.freebsd.org...

I think it's now fully functional.  cvsupd seems to be doing the
right thing.

If you sync from ftp-master.freebsd.org using either cvsup or rsync
please check the network response time to ftp-master.us.freebsd.org to
see if your throughput is better for ftp-master.us.  A quick way to
check is just run ping and see what the time is, though there are more
elaborate ways. :-) If that check shows a better time to ftp-master.us
than you get to ftp-master.freebsd.org please give cvsup-ing/rsync-ing
from ftp-master.us a try.  We would like to offload
ftp-master.freebsd.org at least a little bit before the 4.9 release if
we can.  Since ftp-master.us is I-2 connected I'm hoping at least some
of the Universities will see a better response time from ftp-master.us
than ftp-master.freebsd.org.

As before, if you try this and find a problem please let us know.  It
might be something I can fix. :-)

Thanks!

--
						Ken Smith