Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:07:24 -0400
From:      "Allan Jude - ShellFusion.net Administrator" <dukemaster@shellfusion.net>
To:        "'Artyom V. Viklenko'" <artem@mipk-kspu.kharkov.ua>, <freebsd@psyxakias.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Shell Provider - DDoS Attacks - IPFW Ratelimiting

Using such 'limit src' firewall rules will not help you, my shell server
quickly overran the maximum number of dynamic rules, even increasing the
limit didn't make this plausable because there are 1000's of concurrent
connections at any one time. If your traffic is small enough, it might
be useful, but if you are using 10mb, or 100mb, it will easily blow your
firewall away