Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 2003 07:21:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        riggs@rrr.de
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Testers needed: mplayer+bt848

> if you use mplayer with your tv tuner card and you encounter problems
> since mplayer jumped from 0.90 to 0.92, would you please try this port

I just tried to watch StarTrek:DS9 on SAT.1 with
(1) mplayer 0.90 and
(2) your new port on my FreeBSD 5.1 AMD Athlon1700+ 256DDRAM
PinnaclePCTVRave-terrestricAntenna box.

Here are the results:

1.
mplayer 0.90 was quite good.

2.
But the new port (0.92) just shows one(?) picture and plays the sound. I mean:
The video output freezes after the first (few (my eyes and video-in processing
are not so fast)) pictures. I even pressed some keys but the picture was not
updated. But the frame counter counted thorough. Ergo; Concordantly; Via-a-vis
this result: The new port does not work so good on my box, but there was no
cataclysmic effect (I hope you do not feel bad because of my reference to "The
Matrix Reloaded (The Architect)", which does not look so professional). For
further detail see appendix (output of mplayer (partially of course (due to
'\r' or so))).

I am ready to test further versions...

-A Woerner

appendix: mplayer 0.90 output
> ~/mplayer/work/MPlayer-0.92/mplayer -tv
on:driver=bsdbt848:norm=paln:chanlist=europe-west:input=1:channel=2
MPlayer 0.92-3.2.2  (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices  (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled with Runtime CPU Detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection
Reading config file /usr/local/share/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such file or
directory
Reading config file /usr/home/aw/.mplayer/config
Reading /usr/home/aw/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/usr/home/aw/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: this codecs.conf is too old,
incompatible with this mplayer release! at line 6
Using built-in default codecs.conf
font: can't open file: /usr/home/aw/.mplayer/font/font.desc
font: can't open file: /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file /usr/home/aw/.mplayer/input.conf: No such file or
directory
Input config file /usr/local/share/mplayer/input.conf parsed: 52 binds

Playing TV channel 2
TV detected! ;-)
Selected driver: bsdbt848
 name: Brooktree848 Support
 author: Charles Henrich
 comment: in development
START
vo: X11 running at 1280x1024 with depth 16 and 16 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 768 x 576 (preferred csp: Packed UYVY)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
VDec: using Packed UYVY as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 4
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 4
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 1 -> 1
SwScaler: reducing / aligning filtersize 9 -> 8

SwScaler: BICUBIC scaler, from Packed UYVY to Planar YV12 using MMX2
VO: [xv] 768x576 => 768x576 Planar YV12
Selected video codec: [rawuyvy] vfm:raw (RAW UYVY)
Audio: no sound
Starting playback...
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.
V:   0.0  201   0%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
V:   0.0  225   0%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN2
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN2
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN0
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN0
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN0
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN0
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN0-MOUSE_BTN2
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN2-MOUSE_BTN0
No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN1
V:   0.0  337   0%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
V:   0.0  343   0%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
V:   0.0  349   0%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%