Date:      Sun, 18 May 2003 09:53:26 +0200
From:      Tony Sarendal <tsar@polarcap.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   polling(4) and Gigabit

 From what I can see nge is the only polling driver for
Gig NICs, looking at 4.8. Has anyone done any performance
tests on this ? I'm interested in knowing what can of
bandwidth/pps one actually can achieve on a PC router.

If the NIC now is the limitation(?), how much OS resources
do I have left after the NIC is running at 100% ?

I'm looking at building a new network, using pc routers
for some of the bgp stuff can save quit a lot of money.

/Tony S