Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:37:02 +0000
From:      John Ekins <john.ekins.REMOVE@brightview.com>
To:        john.cagle@hp.com
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP on 8 CPU Compaq 8500

Hello All,

I got this machine up on the network this morning with the original dual port
card using the fxp driver. For some reason, FreeBSD would not detect the card
in one of the secondary PCI bus slots. It was working there with Windows so
I don't believe there's a problem with the slot. I moved the card to the one
of the primary bus slots and it works fine.

I'll let you know how things go with this beast of a machine. Actually it's a
very good machine and I'm glad to be using it.

Cheers and happy new year,
John.