Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:08:45 -0400
From:      "Christopher M. Sedore" <cmsedore@maxwell.syr.edu>
To:        <freebsd-threads@freebsd.org>
Subject:   gdb and kse

I'm beginning some work that utilizes kse-based threads.  I've been =
trying to use gdb for debugging, with very limited success.  In some =
instances, gdb does as one would expect (catching segvs, etc), most of =
the time, however, if the program segvs, the process just hangs and gdb =
sits there (the threads show state as "STOP" in top).  In some cases, =
hitting control-c on will bring gdb back to life, but things are not =
right.
=20
Breakpoints don't work, either.  I'm running =
5.1-CURRENT-20030925-JPSNAP.
=20
Is gdb currently working with kse threads?  I asked google about gdb and =
kse, but got little useful information; any pointers or help would be =
appreciated.
=20
(Also, are there docs on kse and what is/isn't threadsafe?  I'm taking =
segfaults in gethostbyname, and I don't think it is my doing.)
=20
Redirects happily accepted as well,
=20
-Chris