Date:      Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:52:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Adam Kaufman <adam_kaufman@yahoo.com>
To:        "David S. Madole" <david@madole.net>
Cc:        freebsd-tokenring@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISA support added to oltr driver

--- "David S. Madole" <david@madole.net> wrote:
> Looks good to me. Are you sure your card is setup
> for plug and play mode?
> You might want to download the Olicom setup disk and
> check if you're not sure. If it's not, then you can
> either enable it, or specifically give the various
> I/O parameters on the "device oltr" line so the
> driver can find the card.

Ok, so I used the Olicom diagnostics disk to get the
parameters for the card and it is recognized.  Here is
the output from dmesg.

oltr0: <Olicom ISA 16/4 Adapter (OC-3118)> at port
0xa20-0xa3f irq 10 drq 3 on isa0
oltr0: MAC address 00:00:83:7f:7c:a6

ifconfig oltr0 shows:

oltr0: flags=2<BROADCAST> mtu 1500
        lladdr 0.0.83.7f.7c.a6
        media: Token ring UTP/16Mbit

I have plugged into both a passive mau and a powered
switch and when I do: 'ifconfig oltr0 up', I get these
errors:

oltr0: adapter init failure 0x400
oltr0: adapter refused receive fragment 0 (rc = 1)

Any idea what is going on?

I should also add that there will not be an address on
this card.  It will only run in promiscuous mode. I
appreciate all your help making this progress.

-Adam