Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:29:02 +0800
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?=E9=9F=A1=E6=AD=A6_=E5=BC=B5?= <zhangweiwu@realss.com>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   the BSD sdpd and the GNU sdpd?

Hello. I happen to have lots of problems with sdpd. Very frequently my
bluetooth LAN access (over ppp) server is not discoverable, and if it is
discoverable, other hosts see no service on that host (even sdpd is =
running
and LAN access service is registered). This happens randomly, so it's hard
to debug.

To helping me out, one of the author (or the only author?) wrote me long =
ago
suggesting me to use GNU sdpd rather than native sdpd. I'm sorry I cannot
remember his/her name, that name is a bit too strange to me, very hard to
remember. I remember he/she is watching this list too. But I cannot tell =
the
native sdpd from the gnu one. It's likely I'm using a native one, because =
my
sdpd does not accept option sdpd -h, nor sdpd --help, which gnu tools
usually provide.=20

My problem is, if I'm not using GNU sdpd, where & how to get one? I didn't
find it in the port tree. Should I get the source from GNU website and =
hope
it will compile and work fine on my FreeBSD 5.2?

And I wonder if FreeBSD project would like to include the tool in future
distriubution. I also use FreeBSD 5.2.1, which include all the tools I =
need
(like rfcomm_pppd and hccontrol) except sdpd. I hope sdpd can also be
included:)

Thank you.
--
=E9=94=90=E4=B8=9A=E8=BD=AF=E6=9C=8D