Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:26:43 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Jose Hidalgo Herrera <jose@hostarica.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with DNS entry

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 04:34:14PM -0600, Jose Hidalgo Herrera wrote:

> I'll like to know if the dns servers that manage cr.freebsd.org can be
> changed, I mean, move that entries,
> the reason why I'm asking is because actual setup is too slow, even when
> every name just cname me!

I'm not sure how much it will help.  You are saying that the
lookup to the central servers is too slow.  But even if we set it
up so that the central servers return NS records you still need to
do that initial NS record lookup.  No matter what the central servers
wind up involved.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu