Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 2004 17:01:53 -0700
From:      "Mitch (bitblock)" <mitch@bitblock.com>
To:        "Bob Ababurko" <ababurko@adelphia.net>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: gateway for separate networks

Assuming the second nic is used for it's own private subnet, and not a
second route to the internet (which would require a much fancier setup ;-)
you don't need to do anything except add the interface, configure it, and
adjust any firewall rules to allow whatever access you need.

Any services you are running on the box that SPECIFICALLY listen to a
certain address may be changed to listen on all addresses or to add this new
address if needed.

hth.

m/