Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jon DeShirley <jond@uidaho.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Root users shell == no existantshell /bin/bash

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Jason Stone wrote:

> 1) the original poster is screwed - sorry dude, you'll have to shutdown.

I thought he already mentioned that single user didn't work for him.

I'm also supprised no one has suggested the FixIt disk or taking the drive
out and putting it in another machine, since he obviously has physical
access to the system.  All he has to do is mount / and vipw -d
<whereever>.

(we now return you to your regularly scheduled bikeshed discussion)