Date:      Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:10:08 -0500
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: 64btt cvsup?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 09:06:21PM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> Okay, after mulling over various comments, I came with the
> patch that's in:
>
> It is at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gad/time-64/port-ezm3.diff
>
> This is a patch to the port itself.  Ie, you can:
>
> cd /usr/ports/lang/ezm3
> patch -p0 < /tmp/port-ezm3.diff
>
> and do something like 'make patch'.  This does not depend on
> __FreeBSD_version, and it should automatically detect whether
> ezm3 should be built for 32-bit or 64-bit time_t.  This is done
> by adding an "extra patch" to the port, so it is determined at
> patch time, instead of at the (more desirable) build-time.  It
> also prints out an informational message (in a pre-patch target)
> indicating which time_t ezm3 is being built for.
>
> These changes will only effect builds done on sparc64.

Sorry for the delay, I kinda got sucked into other things for a bit.

With this patch the cvsup mirror on my test sparc64 64-bit time_t
machine seems to behave much better.  I'm seeing what I would expect
to see in the cvsup.log files now instead of it saying that it needed
to rsync virtually every file in the repo.

Thanks!

I'm going to nuke the repo on this machine and have it re-initialize
from scratch to make sure it has nothing bad in it from when I used
it to make the current snapshot ISO.  Once that's done it should be
ready to make a new snapshot ISO that contains the real cut-over to
64-bit time_t.  We're still on for this week, right?  :-)

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu