Date:      Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:40:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Julian C. Dunn" <lists+freebsd@aquezada.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        jesper@hackunite.net
Subject:   Re: Unable to use a PS/2 keyboard after a boot without it.

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Josh Tolbert wrote:

> As far as why FreeBSD doesn't recognize PS/2 hardware after it's hot-plugged,
> I can't help you there. You might consider looking at the flags for the
> drivers that work with the keyboard.

Delete "flags 0x01" from the line in your kernel config that references
atkbd. According to LINT, "0x01" forces detection of the keyboard, so if
you booted without it plugged in, the atkbd driver will never be loaded as
a keyboard was not detected.

- Julian

[    Julian C. Dunn <jdunn@aquezada.com> * <julian@dreaming.org>      ]
[   WWW: www.aquezada.com/staff/julian/ * www.dreaming.org/~julian/   ]
[ PGP: 0xFDC205B9 - 91B3 7A9D 683C 7C16 715F 442C 6065 D533 FDC2 05B9 ]
[   "half a love is better than no love at all" - nerissa nields      ]