Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2005 20:47:24 -0500
From:      Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Would this system work correctly with FreeBSD 5.3 ?

Scott Long wrote:

> 4GB+ is a problem on 5.3-RELEASE due to DMA issues.  Only a small
> handful of storage drivers will actually work.

We are looking to implement a postgresql solution using dual opteron/8G
RAM and LSI battery-backed scsi card (LSI MegaRAID 320-2X - 53C1030
controller) RAID array. Are there any issues with this type of
configuration?? Looking at the hardware Release notes I do not see any
mention of this memory issue or what storage drivers are or are not
affected.