Date:      Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:59:57 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Denis Fokin <sanvean@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with Bluetooth LAN access

[moving to bluetooth@]

Denis,

> I meet a problem, while trying to access my LAN from iPaq 2210 through
> FreeBSD 5.3 box via Bluetooth. I have an Tekram-branded USB-BT dongle.
> This dongle is successfully recognized in OS and works:
> sanvean% /etc/rc.bluetooth start ubt0

looks fine to me

> I can see my iPaq from FreeBSD

good

> And even ping it...

good

> And more, I can see all services, that iPaq provides.
>
> sanvean% sdptool browse 00:04:3e:80:45:d1

why are you using sdptool? there is nothing wrong with it, but FreeBSD
5.3 has its own sdp server (sdpd(8)) and client (sdpcontrol(8)).

> Fine, let's bring up the service:
>
> sanvean% sdptool add --channel 7 LAN

again why sdptool? in 5.3 rfcommm_pppd(8) should register LAN service
automatically with local sdpd(8).

> Here is my pppd.conf file:
>
> sanvean% cvery at /etc/ppp/ppp.conf
>
> default:
>  set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
> rfcomm-server:
>    set cd off
>    set dial
>    set speed 115200
>    set timeout 0
>    nat enable yes
>    set ifaddr 192.168.1.2/0 192.168.1.3/0
>    enable dns
>    open
>    disable pap
>    deny pap
>    disable chap
>    deny chap

looks fine to me. i do not think you need "open"

> Now, going to iPaq.... Well, I can see my FreeBSD box, i have discovered
> "LAN Access Using PPP" service and I am ready to use it. Let's go!
> Password? Forged about it, clear the fields and tap Ok.
> "Answering modem has disconnected", Ok! I have typed my FreeBSD login/password -
> Still no luck. Have killed 6 hours investigating this - still no luck.

just by looking at hcidump i can see that remote side has terminated the
connection. i do not think this is the bluetooth related issue. most
likely this is ppp related issue.

ah, i see you already figured it out. i was just about to suggest you to
check for ras :)

btw, if you had used "hcidump -X" or "hcidump -A" you would have noticed
that right away :)

also how did you manage to start rfcomm_pppd(8)? it should exit if it
cant register service with local sdpd(8). i do not see you mentioned
sdpd(8) anywhere.

> Have tried another services: OBEX, Serial - no luck :(
> My devices can connect to each other, but cannot communicate.

so, is everything works now?

max