Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:48:20 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCP!

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

>On 2005-12-12 20:23, Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein.h@lvor.halvorsen.cc> wrote:
>

>>On 12/12/05, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:
>>

>>>You use PSCP.EXE instead of PUTTY.EXE from a Windows' "cmd" prompt.
>>>That's probably awful, if you're looking for something with fancy,
>>>colourful GUI buttons, but it has certainly saved my a$$ a few times :)
>>>

>>http://winscp.net/ is a nice GUI scp and sftp client for Windows.
>>

>Many thanks!  I don't use Windows, unless I'm *REALLY* forced to do so,
>because I almost invariably find the whole experience extremely annoying
>and distracting from the work I really want to do, but this will be
>useful to know for any future occasions I'm forced to use Windows :)

I don't use it either, if there's a FreeBSD box within walking
distance, or perhaps even a short drive; but most of my
clients do, so I'm pretty familiar with it, as so many of us are.
I do have a win2k laptop that needs to be "converted" as
soon as I can buy a newer one for wifey.  I'm doing it kind
of piecemeal ATM, though :D

I have installed an X server over the win2k installation,
and cygwin, and bash, some other 'Nix like tools; I can
occasionally *almost* feel at home now, but there is also
a slightly 'out of place' feeling to the whole experience ...
especially when you realize that you are running a
windowing system over the top of another windowing
system because you **know** that it is, technically, superior;
sort of like "french kissing your sister" (which I *don't*
know from experience, but it's an occasionally used
comparison here in the US) ... (ugh!)

--KDK

--
A cynic is a person searching for an honest man, with a stolen lantern.
		-- Edgar A. Shoaff