Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:50:21 +0000
From:      "kevin stovall" <kevinstovall@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Diskless Boot Guide?

I am trying to put together a compute cluster (currently running FreeBSD
6-BETA2) which I want to boot diskless. I have been having problems setting
it up and am wondering if someone has created a walkthrough of how to do it
besides the one in the FreeBSD Handbook.

On the server machine, there are only two partitions, one at / and one at
/home. Would this cause a potential problem?

I am using PXE. The diskless machine finds the kernel fine, but hangs what
seems to be just before giving the login prompt. The last few lines are:

Trying to mount root from nfs:192.168.0.200:/home/diskless_ro
NFS ROOT: 192.168.0.200:/home/diskless_ro
Interface fxp0 IP-Address 192.168.0.196 Broadcast 192.168.0.255

Date

Thanks,
Kevin Stovall