Date:      Sat, 7 May 2005 17:33:21 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Integrating 'FreeBSD vs. Linux vs. Windows 2000' flyer

I think it's long past time to update the old 'FreeBSD vs Linux vs
Windows 2000' flyer available at :

  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~murray/OS.pdf

One problem with this document is that it really doesn't fit into the
mold of other content we provide in doc/ or www/, though that is
clearly where it belongs.  If we can get it into a text based format
somewhere that we can all update then I'm sure the content will be
improved rapidly.

To date this document has mostly been distributed in print form.
Perhaps someone could volunteer to TeX it like Marc's existing
freebsd-flyer and import it as :

  doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/flyers/os-comparison

Alternatively, we could maintain it just as an HTML based table in :

  www/en/marketing/os-comparison.html

I guess the decision really comes down to how nicely a TeX version can
be made to look.  If the answer is not that nicely, then I think
maintaining an HTML version makes the most sense and then having an
artist manually import it into Quark once in a while to make a nice
PDF version.

Thoughts?  Volunteers?  Other technical solutions for maintaining this
content besides the two mentioned above?

	 - Murray

----- Forwarded message from Fafa Hafiz Krantz <fteg@london.com> -----