Date:      Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:08:57 +0100
From:      Thomas Wintergerst <Thomas.Wintergerst@nord-com.net>
To:        Dylan Wylie <d.wylie@wylie.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Synaptics touchpad

Hello Dylan,

Dylan Wylie wrote:
> Thomas Wintergerst wrote:
>
>> Hello Dott,
>>
>> Dott. Surricani wrote:
>>
>>> How I can make it works?
>>

>> For me (Asus L3500D laptop) adding
>>
>>     hw.psm.synaptics_support="1"

Btw: I forgot to tell that this line must be added to "/boot/loader.conf".

>> did it with 5.3-RELEASE. But my touchad also works with the default
>> settings, i.e. as a ps/2 mouse. The above line only added support for
>> the up and down buttons.
>>
> Does it allow you to switch off  "tap-to-click"? I think I'm to spastic
> for that function.

AFAIR it does not switch it completely off. But it disables the mode
"double-click-and-hold-to drag". As I got used to it and the two up/down
buttons only performed continuous quick scrolling, not step-by-step, the
"synaptics" mode was nearly useless for me and I switched it off again.

--

Gruss,

Thomas Wintergerst