Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:00:39 -0600
From:      Nikolas Britton <freebsd@nbritton.org>
To:        Bill Kirkland <bill.kirkland@gmail.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bt848 difficulties

Bill Kirkland wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am having difficulties configuring my video capture card. I am
>running FreeBSD-5.3 with the bt848 driver. I only receive static.
>
>It functions from WinXP, so I know my hardware works and is connected
>correctly.
>
>I have included the output from the following commands ...
>    # uname -a
>    # tail /usr/src/sys/dev/bktr/CHANGELOG
>    # cat /var/log/messages
>    # fxtv -debug startup
>    # pciconf -lv
>    # sysctl hw.bt848
>    # xawtv -hwscan -debug 2
>... if there is some more information which would help, let me know.
>
>Any assistance would be appreciated ...

What model, type, PCTV card do you have, what tuner, what chips does it
have etc. etc.? I think this issue was talked about a week or two ago:
http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?&as_ugroup=*.freebsd.*

My only other generic advice would be to read the man page for bktr, it
has lots of info about options and overrides... umm have you tired
dscaler on windows? This program autodetects the PCTV cards and can
yield some detailed info about them (plus it's the best tv viewer app
for windows): http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/about.htm