Date:      Sun, 22 May 2005 01:59:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Vaibhave Agarwal <vaibhave@cs.utah.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   npxintr from nowhere

hi

I was writing some code at the ethernet layer,
mainly changing the if_ethersubr.c for my work.

I am not using any FP instructions in my code.
But while running, my kernel crashes and gives the following panic msg:
npx is the Floating point unit (fpu).

----------------------------------
npxintr: npxproc = 0 , currproc = 0, npx_exists = 1
panic: npxintr from nowhere

I am running this code on FreeBSD 4.10.
The same code runs fine on FreeBSD 5.2.1, but i want
to use FreeBSD 4.10.

Has anybody ever got such message or they know the fix for it.
I was not able to trace the error...even using kernel debug corefiles.
Your help would be highly appreciated.

thanks in advance

-vaibhave