Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:23:37 -0800
From:      Sam Nilsson <sam@servingpeace.com>
To:        Josef El-Rayes <josef@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] moinmoin update to 1.3.1

Josef El-Rayes wrote:
> hi!
>
> i rewrote the port of moinmoin[1] to update it to
> version 1.3.1 and to reflect the different possible installation
> modes - as it is possible to install moinmoin as cgi, fast_cgi
> and so on. as it is not quite obvious from the help pages
> how the different installation modes vary, i would like
> to ask you, to test them and tell me what did not work correctly.
> it is also possible to install several, different instances
> of moinmoin (at least it should be ;-).
>
> so please take a look at it and report me problems.
> or if you have other ideas, tell me so.

Just a few typos:

-- On line 29 of the Makefile:
         @${ECHO} "Set MOIN_TYPE=(CGI|FCGI|STANDALONE) to define"
    I think it should read MOINTYPE, not MOIN_TYPE

-- On line 53 of the Makefile:
         @${ECHO} "E.g.: make MOINTYPE=FCGI PATH=/usr/local/www/wiki
instance"
    I think it should read MOINDEST, not PATH. But I'm not sure about that.

Question:

How can one choose to run an instance under twisted, or my choice
mod_python?

Finally, thanks for creating this port. Thanks a lot. I've been looking
at moinmoin and really liking it, and there is no greater satisfaction
than having a port to handle the install. I also really appreciate your
efforts regarding accomodating different types of installations,
multiple wikis etc.

FWIW: I installed using MOINTYPE="MOD_PYTHON" in order to skip
installing the fastcgi, cgi and standalone servers. Not sure if it
worked or not though. Next step is to set up apache and a get moin moin
running under mod_python.

Thanks!
- Sam Nilsson