Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2005 12:07:32 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Chris Zumbrunn <chris@zumbrunn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rework of the FreeBSD website [was:FreeBSD'sVisualIdentity:Outdated?]

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

On 2005.01.01 01:24:07 +0100, Chris Zumbrunn wrote:
>=20
> I did some further tweaking of the mockups:
>=20
> - The FreeBSD logo text is now a bit smaller
> - "The Power To Serve" slogan is back
> - Left sidebar now starts with a "Get FreeBSD" section
> - The "Platform" section has been moved to "Supported Platforms"
> - I added some spacing between the advocacy text and the sidebars
> - Changed "font-size=3D-1" in right sidebar to use "small" instead
> - The dots in the grey bar are now dark grey and not linked
> - Removed the link for "Overview" in the grey bar of the main page
>=20
> The new versions have the following URLs:
> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1c.gif
> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb2c.gif

Very interesting, is the source available somewhere so we can look at
the actualy amount of work getting this integrated into the web site?

> I also added a mockup of what an even more minimalist approach could=20
> look like:
>=20
> http://top.ch/sitedata/freebsd/freebsdweb1d.gif
>=20
> This version just requires changing three lines in the css style=20
> definition and replacing the one image file. Would this be a reasonable=
=20
> first step?

I think it would be more interesting getting the bar thinggy
integrated at the same time, since it does not look like a lot of work
getting it all in at the same time.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL