Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2006 11:38:41 +0200
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS History

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 16:59 +0100, Alfredo LICCIARDELLO wrote:

> More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Did you follow this advice and look in your server error logs?

> at this point I set the QUERY_STRING on my terminal and I have run
> cvshistory.cgi script. Following you can se the error message:
>
> ./cvshistory.cgi
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./cvshistory.cgi", line 138, in ?
>     _SELF_URL = os.environ['SCRIPT_NAME']
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/UserDict.py", line 17, in __getitem__
>     def __getitem__(self, key): return self.data[key]
> KeyError: 'SCRIPT_NAME'

I don't think cvshistory.cgi was designed to be run on the command line.
At least you'll need to provide a value for the SCRIPT_NAME environment
variable and possibly others, but I'd rather look in the server error
logs and try to find more info there.  If there's nothing there,
double-check that you have configured CVSHistory properly and if nothing
else helps, contact the CVSHistory folks.