Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:22:15 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        "Scott T. Hildreth" <shild@sbcglobal.net>, freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash problem

> >>      CVSuping my ports tree and building the latest firefox
> >>      Updating linuxpluginwrapper
> >>      Changing from www/linux-flashplugin6 to www/linuxflashplugin7
> >>      Applying the rtld-elf patch.
> >        flashplayer.xpt@ -> /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/flashplayer.xpt
> >        libflashplayer.so@ -> /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so
> >   Works for me, native FreeBSD & flash7.
>
> still stuck.  was this the correct link
>
>     ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/flashplayer.xpt /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/plugins
>     ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so /usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/plugins
>
> with these
>     firefox-1.5.0.4,1
>     linuxpluginwrapper-20051113
>
> and the patch?
>
> opps!  i bet i have to reboot to get the hack to rtld-elf

Randy,

Are you running current? (Seems to me that I recall that you are.)

I think linuxpluginwrappers is broken on current as it does not yet support ELF symbol versioning. I have not gotten flash working on current, but it works fine on V6.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)