Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2006 20:54:12 -0500
From:      "Mark Stolp" <mstolp@teltronics.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: rtl8139D

------_=_NextPart_001_01C70D0F.F14D9E55

I've ported the following version of the 8139 driver to another
proprietary OS that runs on a
Pentium PC (originally written by Intel):
=20
*	$FreeBSD: src/sys/pci/if_rl.c,v 1.38.2.7 2001/07/19 18:33:07
wpaul Exp $
=20
I can get it to run in polled mode but when I try to run in interrupt
mode after about 15-20
transmit packets the transmit interrupt stops firing.  After a while the
receive interrupt stops
firing also.  I tried to add recovery when the transmit queue is full
(I'm only using 4 packets at
this point in time) but that doesn't help.  I've checked the 8139 IMR
and also checked the
PC ports to make sure interrupts are being disabled.  I also checked my
Interrupt Descriptor
Table to make sure the OS isn't clobbering it.  Can you think of a
reason why resetting and
restarting the 8139 would not allow interrupts to start up again?
=20
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I've been struggling with this
for several weeks now.
=20
I've attached my source code but I don't know if you'll be able to
follow it.
=20
Mark Stolp
=20