Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:57:15 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        eric@schultznet.ca
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Toshiba ToPIC95B not working on 6.0-BETA4

In message: <loom.20060120T190700-10@post.gmane.org>
            Storkman <eric@schultznet.ca> writes:
: Tijl Coosemans <tijl <at> ulyssis.org> writes:
: >
: > I used to have a 480CDT which has the same controller. Support for it
: > has always been troublesome, but I think it works in FreeBSD 5.x.
: > Otherwise PCIC mode should work, but then you need the OLDCARD kernel
: > and I'm not sure if FreeBSD 6 still has that. Try compiling a kernel
: > without
: >
: > device cbb
: > device pccard
: > device cardbus
: >
: > and instead use
: >
: > device card
: > device pcic
: >
: > You also need to add 'pccard_enable="YES"' to /etc/rc.conf and since
: > you're using a NIC you also have to setup 'pccard_ifconfig'.
:
: Good afternoon...
:
: I've got a Toshiba Satellite 2140CDS with the same controller.  My problem is
: that the ethernet card I use (a 3Com 575) is recognized, get's a DHCP address
: (not quickly, but after a few tries), but then can NOT do anything (i.e.: can't
: ping, nslookup can't connect to a server, other hosts cannot ping it).
:
: There is a related thread at BSD forums:
: http://www.freebsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37600
:
: My floppy drive is not working either, and I only got my thumbdrive back today
: so hopefully I will able to get some info off the machine for further analysis.
:
: In the BIOS I have set the controller to CardBus because of a tip I read for
: (excuse me) Win 95.  I will try PCIC tonight/this weekend.
:
: But I also noticed in man pccbb that the controller was explicitly listed.  So
: is there a way I can get the kernel to use that driver?  If it is a driver?!  Or
: am up the wrong tree?

xl has some issues in releng_6 that have been fixed in -current.
These problems were in resource allocation in the pci code.  Other
cardbus cards won't be affected.

Warner