Date:      Sat, 4 Feb 2006 21:31:51 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq Proliant CISS slow writes

Not sure if this is standard, but on an idle machine (ie. just set it up,
nothing running on it yet), with RAID1+0 across 4 drives:

Writing the 853 Megabyte file, 'iozone.tmp'...15.656250 seconds
Reading the file...3.921875 seconds

IOZONE performance measurements:
         57129601 bytes/second for writing the file
         228063191 bytes/second for reading the file

The server is a new DL360 G4p, drives are SAS ...

----