Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:17:11 +0200
From:      Krassimir Slavchev <krassi@bulinfo.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IIC support?

Warner Losh wrote:
>> I have problems to access the iic eeprom from userland. Even after set
>> SCAN_IICBUS in iicbus.c nothing has been detected. I have made some
>> tests from the bootloader to read/write from/to the eeprom and they work.
>> Is there any known problems with TWI or any differences between board
>> settings?
>>

> The IIC bus is not a self enumerating bus.  Bad things happen when you
> go out and try to 'probe' it, although often you can get away with
> that.  FreeBSD takes a conservative approach.  You need hints for each
> iic device on bus that you have on your board.

Ok, that was just for testing.

I am trying to write a driver for pcf8563 (RTC similar to ds1672) but
when I call the iicbus_transfer() function the iicbus_transfer_gen() is
called instead of at91_twi_transfer().
In the kernel config file I have:
device   at91_twi
device   iicbus

Is this correct or I miss something else?