Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:59:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   rfcomm_sppd

Hi Max,
       I was working on rfcomm_sppd(1) today (because for NetBSD I didn't
port rfcomm_pppd but somebody was asking after server functionality) and I
think I discovered the solution to a longstanding problem, which is..

..if I use 'rfcomm_sppd -a phone -c dun -t ttyp9', then try to access the
remote service with 'cu -l ttyp9' it never did work properly and I didn't
understand why.

Anyway, I was fiddling around and I saw that you had set the slave tty
into raw mode. If I remove that, then 'cu -l ttyp9' works just fine!

So, I wonder if this is different on FreeBSD?

Do you recall why you chose to put the slave tty into raw mode? I claim no
expertise over pty(4) but I can't really think why rfcomm_sppd should care
about the slave tty settings?

regards,
iain