Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 2007 01:15:11 +1030
From:      Benjamin Close <Benjamin.Close@clearchain.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, damien.bergamini@free.fr
Subject:   Updated Driver for 3945ABG Intel 3945ABG Wireless LAN controller

Hi All,
    After getting a new laptop I discovered being tied to a wire when
your used to wireless is extremely annoying.

Hence I've done a port of the NetBSD driver wpi (20070106 rev) for the
Intel3945ABG wireless card to FreeBSD
Many thanks to Damien for writing the NetBSD driver in the first place
and the initial FreeBSD port which I referenced extensively.

The driver is available at:

 http://www.clearchain.com/~benjsc/download/20070106-wpi-freebsd.tar.gz

(dynamic dns host, so just retry later if it's down):

Please let me know if you have any issues and I'll try to address them.
I'm not sure how well it will work on -stable, I'm running

FreeBSD wolf.clearchain.com 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Dec
13 16:09:21 CST 2006
benjsc@wolf.clearchain.com:/usr/src/sys/amd64/compile/GENERIC  amd64

and don't have a -stable machine for testing.
Those not using -current, be sure to remove

#define WPI_CURRENT

in if_wpi.c before compiling.

This email was sent through the driver :)

Cheers,
    Benjamin