Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2007 19:04:31 +0100
From:      "Andrew Hotlab" <andrew.hotlab@hotmail.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Jail" <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Alexander@Leidinger.net
Subject:   Re: How to better update a jail host system

From: "Alexander Leidinger" <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:46 PM
To: <freebsd-jail@freebsd.org>; "Andrew Hotlab" <andrew.hotlab@hotmail.com>

>> > Regarding the distributions which you haven't installed: you can
>> > exclude parts from building/installation. If you have a 7.x system,
>> > you can do "man src.conf" for all the options
>> > (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=src.conf&apropos=0&sektion=0&;
>> > manpath=FreeBSD+7.0-RELEASE&format=html). 6.x has similar options, but
>> > IIRC you have to specify them in
>> > make.conf.

I've spent some time on the past days to find how to build a world which
contains only the "Binary base" and "man" distributions (as I always select
from the sysinstall menu options during the first server setup), but I
didn't found any article or man page which helped me.

When I'll upgrade my host system with the make world method, I wish build
only the FreeBSD components that were installed by the first binary setup.
Anyone can kindly redirect me to the right place to find how to do it? (if
you think it makes sense doing such a procedure, of course).

Andrew

I wish a Merry Christmas to everyone who read this list!