Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:03:16 +0200
From:      Matthias Apitz <m.apitz@oclcpica.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9?= Manuel Molina Pascual <raistlinmolina@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: OPTION 3G+ Orange

El día Thursday, May 17, 2007 a las 01:34:12PM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> El día Thursday, May 17, 2007 a las 12:00:29PM +0200, José Manuel Molina Pascual escribió:
>
> > I've found a post telling what to do to add support for this card.
> >
> > ( http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bugs/2007-April/023492.html)
> >
> > I've tried the patch but it didn't work, I supposed that it's because
> > my card is one of those given by the operators (mine is from Orange,
> > I'm from Spain).
>
> Hola José Manuel,
>
> Hice que funcionase esa tarjeta en FreeBSD 5.4 y 6.0. Sobre 6.2R hasta
> ahora no puedo comentar nada. :-)
>
> Hi José Manuel,
>
> I added support for this card into FreeBSD 5.4 and 6.0. in 2005. The results
> have been posted to freebsd-mobile, I think, and are also to be seen here:
>
> http://www.de-martino.it/FreeBSD/#AEN31

Holla,

The mentioned card is supported in versions above FreeBSD 6.2
by the ubsa(4) driver and I've just pulled out the revision 1.20
(6.2 has 1.17) from CVS:

/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/ubsa.c

    revision 1.20
    date: 2006/10/31 02:27:24;  author: kevlo;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -2
    Add support for Option GT 3G/3G quad datacard in ubsa.

and added the needed defines to

/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs

as well; the compiled module 'ubsa.ko' works fine, despite of the
fact that it panics sometimes the system on card removal (if I have
some time I'll investigate this, but this was also alreday the problem
in 6.0R).

While travelling around in Europe (my 'home' provider is German
Vodafone) I've to room-in into other provider networks, for example
in Holland or Great Britain, and the rooming-prices are quite expensive
and differ a lot from provider to provider. I've check the specifications
of UMTS and the card but can't see any AT-command how to list the providers
available or how to preset a given provider, any hints?

At the moment, before launching pppd, I chat with the card the
following sequence:

$ cat /etc/ppp/chat-umts
'' +++
'' AT
OK\r at_opsys=1,2
OK\r at+CGQREQ=?
#
# We can not send down the PIN twice, it gives 'ERROR' 2nd time;
# so we're just especting an 'O' as response which is part of 'OK'
# and 'ERROR' as well, what a dirty hack. :-((
#
OK\r at+cpin="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
O AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","web.vodafone.de"
OK\r ATD*99***1#
CONNECT

Thx

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC PICA GmbH