Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2007 22:46:50 +0300
From:      Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        freebsd-mobile <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   device uart - does it work for anybody with PCMCI card?

Hi ppl

Can anybody confirm that device uart just works for some PCMCI card ?

I've tried with two different cards (both are different pccard celluar
modems) and gets exactly same result.

Device is detected, port can be open with any valid speed, but no any
communication, or probably, no any replays from modem.

First, I've thought that it is problem of my card, but then I've tried
another card (just simple GSM modem) and gets same result.

Example:
cbb0: <TI1510 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0xe4300000-0xe4300fff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci21
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
cbb0: [ITHREAD]
uart0: <Ubiquam UM-300> at port 0x400-0x408 irq 16 function 1 config 63 on pccard0
uart0: [FILTER]

# cu -l /dev/cuau0 -s 115200
Connected
<no any replays from card>

Probably, there are some ideas how to debug that ?

Machine is IBM/Lenovo T60
i386, RELENG_7

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov