Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:48:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Sanket Somnath Hase" <sanket@cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org
Cc:        duppugan@andrew.cmu.edu, chandramouli@cmu.edu
Subject:   interested in working on freeBSD

Hi Matt ,

We are graduate students at Carnegie Mellon University. We are enrolled in
a course (Operating systems practicum http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~412/ ) which
involves hands-on experience with operating-system code as it is developed
and deployed in the real world. Murray Stokley referred us to you.

We were thinking of contibuting to FreeBSD.We read through the description of your project "Rewrite the in-kernel file system syncer" and found it interesting.Could you let us know the status of this project? It will be great if you could mention some related readings.

We have already taken an operating system design and implementation class
(http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~410/ ) before where we developed a UNIX like
kernel from scratch. We have fair experience in reading-coding-debugging
kernel code. All three of us interned at core systems group at companies
like Google and Oracle in the past summer.

Our team can invest 30 hours per week, for a period of 12 weeks of this
Fall semester. We are wondering if we can contribute to FreeBSD.
It will be great if you could give us some pointers towards such work.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Thanks,
Sanket Hase
Chandramouli  Rangarajan