Date:      Wed, 2 May 2007 11:32:31 +0200
From:      "Francesco Comi" <frankk.ml@gmail.com>
To:        "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=D8ystein_Kaldhol?=" <Oystein.Kaldhol@mrfylke.no>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ad: Proliant ML115 compatible?

2007/4/26, =D8ystein Kaldhol <Oystein.Kaldhol@mrfylke.no>:

> owner-freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org wrote on 16.04.2007 16:09:37:
>
> > I'm going to buy an HP Proliant server ML115. This is the exact model:
> > http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/sm/WF06b/
> >
> 521-525-358265-358265-12083521-13153988-80068674.html
> ?jumpid=3Dreg_R1002_UKEN
> >
> > I'm wonderint particularly if the raid controller and the network
> ethernet
> > controller will work fine with FreeBSD 6.2
>
> While we haven't tested this series in particular, we have tested the
> ML350 and the DL360(G4p) and DL380(G4). Both the network controllers and
> the raid controllers are detected and work fine.
>
> There is one caveat, and that is the fact that we have experienced
> deadlocks on these machines under high network stress, as discussed on
> this mailinglist earlier. Wether this is a driver problem related to the
> NIC, or some generic problem in the 6.1 and 6.2 kernels under high networ=
> load(we typically have 100k+ states in pf simultaneously) is uncertain at
> the moment. With more normal load, and in other roles than the router/fw
> role, the servers perform as expected.
>
> brgrds
> Oystein Kaldhol
> BOFH-in training
> County of More & Romsdal
> Norway

Thank you for the informations.
About the NIC I think I will not have so high load (I never reached 100k
states even on very high network load).

About the RAID controller i found this thread:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2007-January/140790.ht=
ml
I suppose that ml115 and ml110 have the same raid controller, maybe
different from the ML350, DL360(G4p) and DL380(G4) you mentioned.
The RAID controller is only referred as Embedded Raid controller.
Do you know what kind of embedded raid controller use HP?

Thanks again,
Frankk